Notice of Privacy Practices for Online Presence and Social Media Ads
Information SVNDL Collects
How SVNDL and CFIS Use Your Information
We will use your data only for the purpose of contacting you and recruiting you to participate in research, in particular to notify you of research studies taking place at SVNDL or another CFIS lab for which your child is eligible. Most information about you and your child will be collected during the subsequent contact call, and not online via social media ads.Eligibility for a particular study is usually determined by your child’s age or ability to perform a certain task (e.g. must be capable of speaking to participate in study on language). Sometimes eligibility is determined by contacting you to ask for more information on certain topics of your child’s development and abilities. Information provided to SVNDL and CFIS in the Interest Questionnaire is contact information and general information on your child for the basis of completing a subsequent contact call.
Information SVNDL Shares with Third Parties
How SVNDL Protects Your Personal Information
- Protecting the transmission of your information over the Internet, through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol;
- Storing information we collect on computer systems located in controlled facilities with limited access;
- Using a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosures;
- Limiting data access to only authorized personnel with a need to perform a specific job; and
- Training all SVNDL and CFIS employees on our security and privacy practices.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of the personal information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information. We will notify you of any security incidents that compromise the security, confidentiality or integrity of your personal information in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Knowing Your Choices
You may choose not to complete SVNDL/CFIS questionnaires or participate in our studies.
By providing personal information to SVNDL and CFIS, you are choosing to be contacted regarding potential research participation opportunities as they arise, but not committing to participate in any specific study. Notifications about additional programs and services will provide the opportunity to “opt-out” of future notifications.
If you do not wish to receive information or other notices from us in the future, you can “opt-out” by contacting us at the e-mail address or the phone number indicated at the end of this policy.
This policy is effective as of 04/26/2017.